Entertainment Insurance Coverage Definitions:

Equipment, Props, Sets and Wardrobe

What is covered?
Camera, sound, lighting and miscellaneous rented equipment. Owned equipment can be covered separately. Props, sets, and wardrobe are covered.

How much should I insure for?
The insurable value should be the total value of your rented equipment, props, sets, and wardrobe from all vendors. Owned equipment should be covered for their replacement cost.

Can the deductible be changed?
No. The deductible is based on the total limit of equipment, props, sets, and wardrobe.

Are "Loss Payees" included?
Equipment insurance includes your vendors being provided with certificates of insurance naming them as loss payee in the event of a loss. Unlimited certificates can be issued.

Negative Film or Videotape & Faulty Stock, Camera & Processing

What is covered?
Damage or destruction of raw film or tape stock, exposed film or videotape, faulty stock, faulty cameras or lenses.

How much should I insure for?
The limit is the budget you declared as your largest production.

Extra Expense What is covered?
Extra expense reimburses the insured for the out-of-pocket expenses in the event of the interruption, postponement or cancellation of the declared production, as a result of loss, damage or destruction of property or facilities contracted for use by the insured.

Third-Party Property Damage

What is covered?
Covers damages to locations while it is in the care, custody, and control of the insured (i.e. damage to a house that you are shooting in).

General Liability What is covered?
Covers the insured for losses due to bodily injury or property damage caused by the insured's employees or agents. Locations will require a general liability of at least 1,000,000. The aggregate is the total liability limit. The occurrence is the limit per claim.

Are "additional insureds" included?
With blanket additional insureds, your vendors and locations will be provided with certificates of insurance naming them as additional insureds in the event of a loss. Unlimited certificates can be issued.

City and other special certificates

The City of LA, other cities, and entities may require "special wording" on their certificates or have a special form they require to be completed. Film permit offices will require this.

Automobile (Hired & Non-Owned)

What is covered?
Vehicles rented for the production. Liability covers injury to third parties or damage to their property. Physical damage provides coverage for damage to the vehicles.

Excess Liability

What is covered?
This provides excess liability over the general liability and/or automobile and can be obtained in increments of 1,000,000.

Workers' Compensation

What is covered?
Injury to your compensated and non-compensated employees and volunteers.

Who is not covered?
For corporations, partnerships, LLC's and other legal entities, officers are excluded from coverage. For individuals and dba's, the owners are excluded from coverage.

Scroll to Top